If you are serious about Internet Marketing, I would say you pretty much needed to  build  a  list  from day one. It can be done without a mailing list but it makes it very hard work. I have heard all sort of figures bandied about on the actual amounts you should be able to make from your list. I honestly think most of it is complete rubbish made up on the spot by marketers when someone asks them.


However, although I am pretty sure there is no definite answer to how much you should make from your list, I can not help using the following equation when I assess my own earnings from my list. I will say now that this is irrational and not based on any research – however it works as a rule of thumb for me. Not counting new launches, affiliate earnings or any other sort of income from my websites – purely going off mailing s to my list, I always try to earn around $1 per person on my list.


Obviously this does not mean that everyone on my list sends me a dollar (although that would be nice) it means that on average, with some people buying and some ignoring the emails, I average $1 per person per month. So with a mailing list of 15,000 I would expect to take in $15,000 a month from my list alone. That is why you should  build  a  list . Because it does not take much effort and it is a great source of ongoing income. If you need money in a hurry too, you can send out a mailing and have $5,000 in your account in 24 hours.


I know of someone who uses his (very large) list to fund purchases rather than use banks or credit. He tells me he bought a $300,000 house from a single mailing to his list. I believe him. I am not going to go into how to  build  a  list  because it is not what this book is about. You can find plenty of free info on the net about this. I use Aweber to manage my lists. Others use Get Response or stand alone software that can be installed on your own server.


To really earn good profits from your mailing list there is a secret. The secret is… Have More Than ONE List! That is it. That is the secret. Now, if you only have one list you rely on to earn money then you already know what to expect. $1 per subscriber. But, that equation DOUBLES if you have two lists to pull in profits from. Want to triple it? Then have 3 lists. And so on and so forth.


Obviously it is not as simple as that. You could argue that a big list would bring in exactly the same sales as a dozen small lists that equates to the same number of subscribers. Well yes and no. If you have a large general list you will get a percentage of sales sure, but not all the people on your list will want what you are offering at any particular time.


Some will be into AdSense, some into affiliate courses, some into viral marketing and others into (for example) software, so might not want an eBook on self-development. See what I mean? They have all opted in to your list to get a freebie (presumably) but what the big boys – The gurus do, is realize that to make serious money you need to be more exact about what your list wants, so they have multiple lists.


Here is how it works. They have multiple opt in pages each offering a different freebie. One might be on AdSense, one on affiliate courses, one on viral marketing etc. Because the opt-in pages are more specialized they know in much more detail what the subscriber is after. So to the list that opted in to get the free AdSense course they will target mostly AdSense and pay per click related products. To the people who opted in for the viral marketing freebie they will target mostly viral marketing products.


And the end result is they end up with a much higher purchase rate than the ‘general’ list that most subscribers try to earn from. Really it is niche marketing via a list rather than a website. Instead of $1 per subscriber, they might make $7 per subscriber.


And on a 15,000 list that is the difference between $15,000 a month and $105,000 a month. From the same number of people – just more targeted. This is possibly the biggest secret that the gurus want to keep to themselves. I will bet you have not read about it before. Use it – it is worth 100 times the price of this book. I am speaking from experience.






Source by Sterling Rogers



The Magic of List Building

Post a Comment

NulleDB

{picture#https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEibliLNtbQTegNo8PunvOjCPuoaor8cydCc4HKNblXVL6etyQz3PvRt5qaJe70W44lnHjXGyglEwd8ghltu23bR_FC13vtwRATe4IbFVt-MaIQbZf2L6jv2rxvItmQQ1fQ5iJKEfbVaFAE/s1600/tien-tran-e1391086611796.png} Hello guys, I'm Judith White, a freelance web designer and Web Devloper, Iam Her To Help You. {facebook#https://www.facebook.com/nulledb/} {twitter#https://twitter.com/crackmywifi} {google#https://plus.google.com/u/0/113339369699471770120} {pinterest#https://www.pinterest.com/crackmywifi/} {youtube#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL}
Powered by Blogger.